Windows 7 is Finally Here! Now What?
Windows 7 was released yesterday. Are you ready for it? Have you given any thought to training, deployment, compatibility, etc?
If you answered no, then here’s a good place to start. Learn everything you need to prepare yourself and your organization for Windows 7.
1. Learn about Windows 7
Start by learning as much as you can about Windows 7. See if you can attend a free Windows 7 launch event and score a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, while you’re at it.
I went to the event here in Chicago this week and had a great time while learning a lot about Windows 7. Here’s a shot of my goodies from the event:
If you missed your chance to attend the launch, start by checking out the resources below:
- Windows 7 Springboard Resources — videos, tips, expert advice, blogs, forums and news
- Windows 7 Team Blog — tips, resources and the most up-to-date info on Windows 7
- Windows 7 Webcasts, Videos & Podcasts — learn about deployment, security, management, and productivity
- Talking about Windows — connect with people who made Windows 7
- Windows 7 Client Forums — get a chance to talk with your peers about about Windows 7
2. Use Windows 7
Reading about a technology is a lot different than using it, and I hope you’ll agree that it’s much better to learn by doing. So get your hands on Windows 7 and play around with it.
If you don’t have the resources to purchase an upgrade at this time, take advantage of the free 90 day trial of Windows 7 enterprise (ends March 2010) and start testing.
- Will Windows 7 Work for You? Find Out in 3 Simple Steps
- Windows 7 Step-by-Step Upgrade and Migration
- Upgrading from XP To Windows 7? Here’s How to Do it Right
- How to Deploy Windows 7 In The Enterprise
- More Windows 7 Resources
3. Get Windows 7 Certified
If you really want to master Windows 7, the best way to do it is to prepare for the Windows 7 certification exam. This way you’re not only learning everything there is to know about configuring Windows 7, but you’re also earning a certification and adding a valuable component to your resume.
- Windows 7 Exam and Certification information
- 15% Off Discount on Windows 7 exam — plus other exam discounts available until 12/31/09
- Free Windows 7 Training Videos — 5 introductory training videos on Windows 7
4. Have a Windows 7 Party
Host a Windows 7 party — get together with your friends and geek out with Windows 7, just like Steve, Steve, Bill and Phil did in the video below