testing interview questions
1) What is SDLC?
Software Life Cycle Model is a systematic approach to develop Software.
2) What are the phases in Software Development Life Cycle?
Analysis & Planning
Coding or Implementation
Release & Maintenance
Note: Phase names may vary from one company to another
3) What is STLC?
Software Testing Life Cycle or Software Test Process is a formal way to perform Testing.
4) What are the phases in Software Testing Life Cycle?
5) What is Bug Life Cycle?
6) What is ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)?
7) What are the phases in Software Application Life Cycle?
8) What is Error?
Any mismatch in Computer programming, another name is Mistake.
9) What is Defect or Bug?
Any mismatch that found in testing phase
10) What is Failure?
Any mismatch that found in production phase (Customer environment)
The waterfall model is a sequential software development approach, in which progress is seen as flowing steadily downwards (like a waterfall) through the phases of Requirements Gathering, Analysis and Planning, Software Design, Coding or Implementation, Testing and Release & Maintenance.
A framework, It describes the software development lifecycle activities from
requirements specification to Release & maintenance.
The V-model illustrates how testing activities can be integrated into each phase of the software development lifecycle.
13) What is Prototype Model?
14) What is Spiral Model?
15) What is Agile Model?
The degree to which a component, system or process meets specified requirements and/or user/customer needs and expectations.
17) What is Software Quality?
18) What is SQA (Software Quality Assurance)?
19) What is Quality Control?
20) What is Verification?
21) What is Validation?
22) What is Testing?
23) What is the relation between Quality and Testing?
24) What are the advantages of Waterfall Model?
25) What are the disadvantages of Waterfall Model?
26) What are the advantages of V Model?
27) What are the disadvantages of V Model?
28) What are the advantages of Prototype model?
29) What are the disadvantages of Prototype model?
30) What are the advantages of Agile model?
31) What are the disadvantages of Agile model?
32) What is Requirement?
33) What is Requirement Specification?
34) What is BRS?
35) What is SRS?
36) What is High Level Design or Global Design?
37) What is Detailed Design or Low Level Design?
38) What are the important types of Requirements?
39) What is Business Requirement?
40) What is Software Requirement?
41) What is Test Requirement?
42) What is Software Release?
43) What is Software Maintenance?
44) What is Change Request?
45) What is PIN Document and who prepares this document?
46) What are the teams involved in Software Development?
47) What is Static Testing?
48) What is Dynamic Testing?
Exhaustive testing is impractical so we use Test Design Techniques in order to reduce the sizes of input and output domains.
input values and preconditions.
Coordinated activities to direct and control an organization with regard
Direction and control with regard to quality generally includes the establishment of the quality policy and quality objectives, quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement.
Click on below Links for Interview Questions
Manual Testing Interview Questions – 1