Linux Interview Questions – Linux Environment – 3
This set of Linux / Unix interview questions and answers focuses on various Unix administration commands. It will be useful for anyone learning basic Unix Administration as well as preparing for interviews on Unix.
1. SVR4 was developed by
a) Sun Microsystems
c) University of Berkeley
d) Sun and AT&T jointly
2. Which of these is not a Unix Flavor?
3. Which of the following statement is FALSE ?
a) Unix supports multiple users
b) Linux is an open source operating system and the source code is shared
c) Shell takes care of inter process communication
d) Shell provides the feature of I/O Redirection
4. Which of the following UNIX flavor is from IBM?
5. x86-32 uses which programming model?
6. What are the sizes of (Integer/Long/Pointer) in LP64 programming model?
7. Which among the following is used to write small programs to control Unix functionalities?
a) Shell Commands
b) Shell Script
d) C Language
8. What control character signals the end of the input file?
a) ctrl + a
b) ctrl + b
c) ctrl + c
d) ctrl + d
9. How do you get help about the command “cp”?
a) help cp
b) man cp
c) cd ?