UFT Interview Questions
1) What is UFT Tool?
HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT 11.5) is a Functional and Regression Test Tool, upgraded version of QTP Tool.
UFT = QTP + Service Tools
QTP (QuickTest Professional) supports GUI (Windows and Web based) Testing only, but UFT Supports GUI and API Testing.
2) What are the minimum requirements for installing UFT Tool?
3) What is the difference between UFT and QTP?
HP Unified Functional Testing = QTP + Service Test Tool.
4) What is API Testing?
5) What is the difference between API Testing and Unit Testing?
6) Does UFT support UNIX operating Environment?
7) What are the internal Add ins available in UFT Tool?
8) What is the built-in Add in available in UFT?
9) What is the Add in for supporting Mainframe Applications?
10) If we load unnecessary Add ins then what will happen?
11) What is the supporting Add in for Oracle RDBMS?
12) How to Test D2K Application using UFT Tool?
13) How to select appropriate Add ins for AUT(Application Under Test)
14) How UFT supports Database operations?
15) What is the file format for exporting UFT Tests?
16) What are the new features in UFT?
17) What is Test Automation?
18) What type of Tests can be automated?
19) What type of tests can’t be automated?
20) When to start Test Automation?
21) If UFT is not recognizing some our Application objects then what are the solutions?
22) Can we start Test design process if AUT is not ready?
23) How to test input domain using UFT Tool?
24) What types of License available for UFT?
25) How UFT stores its resources?
26) What is Test Batch Runner Tool?
27) Can we open multiple Tests at a time in UFT Tool?
28) What are the two programming interfaces in UFT Tool?
29) What Run-time object?
30) What is Test Object?
31) What is Utility object?
32) What is Automation Object?
33) What is Virtual Object?
34) Give some object examples in Windows based environment?
35) Give some object examples in Web based environment?
36) How to create shared object repository?
37) How to encode password value without using Recording and password encoder tool?
38) How to delete Test Results?
39) What are the different types of status of Test Result?
40) How to define Test results?
41) Why Tester need to define Test Result?
42) What is the file extension of UFT Test?
43) How many types of objects available in Web Applications and what are they?
44) What is the difference between Editor View and Keyword View?
45) What is Test Recording?
46) What is Test Run process?
47) How many types of Record modes available in UFT Tool?
48) What is the New Record mode added in UFT, that not available in QTP?
49) What is context sensitive recording?
50) What is Analog Recording?
51) What are the advantages of Recording?
52) What are the disadvantages of Recording?
53) Can we edit recorded scripts?
54) Some operations can’t be recorded give an example?
55) How to generate non-recordable statements?
56) What is Active Screen?
57) What is Data table?
58) What is purpose of Errors Pane?
59) What is web services testing, does UFT support it?
60) What are the configurable features available in UFT Tool?
61) What is Object Spy?
62) In how many ways we can generate Tests in UFT Tool?
63) What is Statement or Step?
64) What are the different types of statements that we use in UFT Test?
65) What is Action?
66) Does UFT support Performance Testing?
67) Can we integrate UFT and LoadRunner?
68) What is the Add in for integrating UFT with ALM (formerly Quality center)?
69) What is Step Generator?
70) What is Checkpoint?
71) How many checkpoints available in UFT Tool?
72) What is the newly added checkpoint in UFT?
73) What are the hidden checkpoints in UFT Tool?
74) How to insert hidden checkpoints?
75) What is Output value?
76) How many Output values available in UFT Tool?
77) What is the newly added Output value in UFT?
78) How to measure Test transaction time?
79) How to launch Software Application in UFT?
80) What is Debugging?
81) When we debug Tests?
82) How to Debug Tests?
83) What are the important debug commands available in VBScript?
84) What is dry run?
85) What is the purpose of Conditional statements in UFT Test Automation?
86) What is the purpose of Loop statements in UFT Test Automation?
87) What is Parameterization?
88) What are the advantages of Parameterization?
89) How to Parameterize Tests?
90) What is Data Driven Testing?
91) What is the relation between Parameterization and Data Driven Testing?
92) What is environment variable?
93) What is the purpose of environment variables?
94) What is the file extension for Environment variables file?
95) What is Synchronization?
96) Why Synchronization?
97) When Synchronization is required?
98) What is the default synchronization time in UFT?
99) How to Synchronize UFT and AUT?
100) What is Recovery scenario?
101) What is the file extension for Recovery scenario?
102) Can we edit Recovery scenarios?
103) What is the difference between UFT Tool and Selenium Tool?
104) What is Dynamic Object?
105) How to handle Dynamic Objects?
Using Regular expressions we can handle Dynamic Objects.
106) What are Duplicate Objects?
Two or more Objects with same property values.
107) How to handle Duplicate Objects?
Using index property we can handle Duplicate Objects.
108) What is Description object?
109) What is Descriptive Programming?
Enter or provide Objects information (properties and values) directly into statements is called Descriptive Programming.
110) What is Dynamic Descriptive programming?
Creating Description objects and generating statements using description objects is called Dynamic Descriptive Programming.