Sweet Friday Link Love — All About Windows 7
I just can’t wait for Windows 7 to be released! Yeah, I like using Vista and yeah I have Windows 7 on my virtual pc so I can play around with it … but I really can’t wait to start using it on a daily basis.
Today I was telling my sister (a hardcore XP user) about how much I don’t like using XP now. After having Vista on my computer for only a couple of years, XP seems so foreign to me now and I find it harder and harder to use it. And Windows 7 will be even better than Vista.
That’s why today I decided to share some of the latest articles & info on Windows 7.
Windows 7 Resources
Interested in getting certified? Check out Lisa’s post about Windows 7 Certifications and information about registering for the first Windows 7 beta exam from the Beta Exam Announcements blog:
- Windows 7 Exams are on the Way – Is a Vista Certification Still Worth it?
- Register for Beta Exam 71-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring
Learn about Windows 7 in these informative presentations called learning snacks. These were just released today so check them out. Just remember, you need IE and Silverlight to view them.
- Implementing User Account Control in Windows 7
- Introducing BitLocker and AppLocker in Windows 7
- Desktop Experience in Windows 7
- Setting Up a Home Network in Windows 7
- Introducing the Troubleshooting Platform in Windows 7
- Using the Deployment Image Servicing & Management Tool for Servicing Windows 7 Images
If you’re an XP fan you might enjoy learning about the upgrade/downgrade options that will be available with Windows 7:
- Downgradable Windows 7 — Downgrade Not Just to Vista, But XP Too
- Windows 7 — Downgradable But Not Upgradable
And if that’s not enough Windows 7 reading for your Friday night, then check out Windows Server HQ’s delicious bookmarks for the Windows 7 tag.
And feel free to share your favorite Windows 7 resources!