SAP Interview Questions – Part 19
1. Explain about the Smart forms?
Smart Forms SAP form tool.
SAP Smart Forms combines previously separate components such as forms and print programs into a single unit. To print a form, you only need a program for data retrieval and a smart form from which an ABAP function module is automatically generated.
2. What is ABAP Debugging?
A) 2. FINDING THE ERRORS IN ABAP PROGRAM AND RECTIFING THE ERROR AT RUN TIME IS DONE USING ABAP DEBUGGING
3. What is the client specific data? Give two examples of client specific data?
Client specific data refer to the data that can be accesses only when we log in to that Client
Client specific data :
a)Business data–Master data of business partners, products, pricing etc
b) Transaction dat) Sales orders, delivery, billing documents etc
c) Customization data) All the IMG activities that are saved with Customizing request number form the client Specific data.
4. Why do we call client 000 as golden client?
Golden client contains all the configuration data and master data so some extent. All the configuration settings are done in golden clients and then moved to other clients. Hence this client acts as a master record for all transaction settings, hence the name “Golden Client”.
5. What is your project cutover activity?
As cutover activity is done in the final preparation stage of the ASAP methodology, while migrating the data from the legacy system to the sap systems, Billing will be stopped for that point of time for time being. You could have told that , I have assisted in finding out the data relating to the Open Orders, Contracts, Pricing activities and Billing Documents, for the same time data relating to the Material master of Book stock, physical stock. etc. You should reply in such a way that he should be convinced that you really worked on that. Answer slowly no problem. Actually the cut over plan anyway will be provided by the Implementation partner. All the other activities at this point of time will be stopped, what ever you want to modify will be done before or after this activity only. I am telling this for your Idea.
6. where is the help desk?
Help desk will be there at clients location when in Support project where in my project my client got their own help desk it is the level1 support environment, here any tickets are raised by end user it will be escalated to the IT Helpdesk and then after from it helpdesk it will be escalated to Support team. or if you need any enhancements on the SAP Application which is not provided by SAP, there is a Helpdesk from SAP AG from where we will get OSS notes to fill the requirements.
7. Which partner function is relevant for credit limit?
Sold to party is only relevant for credit limit, even while doing customer credit management we will enter customer, system will not ask for partner function ( as sold to party is central).
8. What do u mean by SAP Best Practices?
As far as my knowledge is concerned SAP Best Practices are nothing but, the ready made sap customized business solution templates for the very small businesses.
9. What is the difference between condition type EK01 and EK02?
Ek01- IS A CALCLATED COST : The result of unit costing can be used as base for price (pr00)Determination
Ek02- IS A CALCLATED COST : The result of unit costing simply taken as a statistical value
10. In Cash flow how will be availability check will be done?
In a cash sale, the customer receives the goods immediately and payment is done at the same time. The delivery document is created. The billing can be done later on. If and only if the goods are available, the cash sale transaction takes place. Hence, no availability check is carried out in cash sale.
11. How is Revenue Account is Determined ?
Revenue A/c is determination:
2.chart of accounts
3. Sales Org
5. Account assignment group from customer
6. Account assignment group from material
7. Account key
12. what is Document flow ?
Document flow represents the flow of SALES documents from the first document till the last accounting documents. For eg., my document flow can be –
Post Goods Issue
This is the normal Document flow. I can have sales orders without Inquiry or Quotation. In that case my Document flow will begin with Sales Order.
13. Order was created 6 month back for the material M-12 , at a price Rs.400/- and now price is increased by Rs.80/-,we want to bill the customer now for the new price. What changes or customizing should be done?
Create new condition record with ref. to the existing one by changing the price.Create billing document first, select the line item and go to conditions tab page in item data, click on “UPDATE” (update prices) tab (right side below) and choose “B” (carryout new pricing). You can see the new price against the line item. But if you have entered any manual conditions in sales order, they get lost here.
14. Why do me maintains the Sales offices?
Geographical aspects of the organization in business development and sales are defined using the term sales office. A sales office can be considered as a subsidiary. A sales office establishes contact between the firm and the regional market.
15. What is the difference between Post Goods Issue & Post Goods Received?
PGI and PGR use 2 different movement types.PGI is outbound delivery and its decreases physical stock and PGR is the inbound delivery and its increases stock in the Storage Storage/Bin In SD, PGI uses movement type 601 and while PGR uses 561 (w/o ref to PO/Delivery)
16. How is Access Sequence is Controlled?
Basically Access Sequence is a Search Strategy which governs the condition type which give the required result. So to Access sequence is controlled by set of Access Number which are assigned to condition tables in which specific condition data is stored. ex. : table 6 has Price List Type/Currency/Material record. so whenever the specific requirement comes this access sequence can be attached to our condition type an it can act as a path setter to fulfill the requirement.
17. what is integration of Billing in SD Process ?
The billing document represents the final function in the SD process chain. Billing is an important part of the financials interface. This allows documents to be created automatically in Financials Accounting and Controlling when you create billing documents. A billing document has structure similar to that of a sales document, with header and item. the billing type controls the billing document.
18. What is the purpose of doing that?
Enterprise organization diagram. Chart showing the organizational structure of an enterprise, its organization units and how they are related. A combined structure can be created from the point of view of accounting, MM, SD. This structure forms a framework in which all business transactions can be processed.
19. What is the central organizational element in purchasing?
20. Explain the relationship between sales organizations and plants?
Many to Many.
21. Explain the relationship between sales organizations, plants and company codes?
Many to Many to One.
22. Can one business area be assigned to several company codes? Which (sub) module of SAP could make business areas obsolete?
Yes in CO(controlling).
23. What is a credit control area? What relationship exists between credit control areas and company codes?
Credit control area. Organizational unit in an organization that specifies and checks credit limits for customers. A credit control area can include one or more company codes. It is not possible to assign a company code to more than one credit control areas.
24. Which organizational element is central in shipping? Give a definition of it ?
Shipping Point: Organizational unit at a fixed location that carries out shipping activities. A shipping point could, for example, be a company’s mail department or a plant’s rail depot. Each delivery is processed by only one shipping point.
25. Can you assign two different sales organization to the same company code?
26. To what do you assign distribution channels and divisions?
27. What is Batch Jobs?
I guess the question should be Batch job? Batch jobs are scheduled program which run mostly in back ground. SM37 is the T code to see Batch job.
28. What is Procure to Pay(p2p) & Order to Cash (o2 c) cycle in SD module
Procure to Pay(p2p) is of MM cycle. Order to Cash(otc) is of SD In order to cash the cycle is Sales order – Delivery – Post goods issue – Billing processing.
29. Based on which documents u will create a Pro-Forma Document?
It is based on sales order or delivery documents
30. What is Transaction Code for post goods issue(PGI)?
1 Generally we use VLO2N for PGI processing, since as soon as delivery will complete we should post this goods issue by using vl02n where we will find tab/push button of’ POST GOODS ISSUE’.
31. What are the pricing elements?
Pricing elements means Condition table, Access sequences, Condition type & Pricing procedure.
32. What are the parameters that u can see in FD32?
u can see here overview screen, address of the customer, central data, status and payment history of the customer.
33. Explain about SOP and your role in it?
It is also called as Standard Operating Procedure, In every company they have a standard rules for their Work, its that is all
34. What is Lean Warehouse Management?
In lean ware house the stock placement and removal takes place only till storage location level where as in fully blown Central ware house the stock placement and removal takes place till bin level.
35. What are the highest organizational units in SD, MM. PP, FI-CO?
SD: Sales Organizations.
FI: Company Code
CO: Controlling Area
36. Can you further subdivide a plant? If yes into what?
A plant can be subdivided into storage locations, allowing stocks of materials to be broken down according to predefined criteria (e.g., location and materials planning aspects).
37. Can a sales organization sell from a plant belonging to a different company code?
38. If you have a warehouse management system active, to what would you assign the warehouse number?
Plant & Storage Location.
39. What is the Function of item category and item category group?
Item Category determines the processing of any Item/material that we enter in a sales order and in this way it also effects the processing of any sales doc in which it is used.
40. Which agreement type I should consider, is this customer rebate(0003), material rebate(0002) or Rebate on the basis of sales volume(0005), because here client is not offering rebate on Sales volume in rupees or dollar. He is only concerned with total sales in kiloliters(Quantity). As per rebate agreement concern rebate is offered in percentage. Please guide me for my scenario.?
If your distributors are fewer (far less than 900 materials) then you should go for only customer rebate.
41. How many shipping points can you assign to a plant?
42. Guide me for conditions types and scale basis for maintaining condition records?
When creating customer rebates (T:VB01) select customer rebate, there you will see a header tab: Conditions , click it add how many customers you want. For each customer you can create scale based conditions (under the heading tab :Scales).
43. How can we know whether the customer is one-time or regular?
One can maintain Account Group for One-time customers. By which we can identify one-time customers.
44. What happens when you do not enter a value for a manual and mandatory condition type?
The pricing procedure will reject the conditions in the sales order
45. Do header condition type have an access sequence?
46.Relation between Company – Sales org ?
Sales Org – Plants & company vs. Plants
Company – sales org – credit control area
47. What are sales area and its components?
Sales area consists of Sales Organisation, Distribution Channel and Division.
48. What are legacy systems?
The Existing system on which current system is working, from which the current system will be migrated to SAP system.
49. What is cut over strategy?
Cutover strategy depends upon how the organizations design their data load strategies. Normally, you decide the sequence of Data loads for Configuration settings, Master data, Transaction data which follows whom and then you make a copy of the system as a Production system a day before and after checking the successful data loads, you go-live 100% or partial again depending upon organizational setup and policies.outover planning is highly site specific. There’s no thumb rule.
The stock data as on the date of going live should be correctly entered. But stock being a highly dynamic quantity, the strategy for loading should be crystal clear. Then you have to load all the back dated transaction on the stock. Some stock comes into your plant/storage location as return and some stock is actually delivered to your customer through sales orders of various kinds.
50. What are Cumulative Condition Records?
There is a field:- “condition update” during configuration for a condition type (at v/06)… has it anything to do with cumulative condition Records?
51. IF you have 3 different access sequences for one condition record then in a pricing procedure in what hierarchy will you maintain the three accesses?
In Condition Records (T Code VK11), you would be putting values to corresponding Condition Types. Now one Condition Type can be assigned to one access sequence. In Access Sequence, you can assign whichever tables and fields are required. So in my opinion, you cannot have one condition record for 3 access sequences.
52. What happens in the access sequence when you put all the ticks in the exclusive field?
When you put tick in exclusive field of all access sequences, in my opinion, it will try to get available data from the first. Only in case, data is not available, will it move on to the next one.
53. What is meant by delivery group?
Delivery Group is basically grouping all individual deliveries for Billing. It should have the same Ship to Party, Shipping Point, etc.
54. How many shipping points can you assign to a sales organization?
55. What triggers the automatic creation of PR or PO in case of third party sales?
In item category we can set “automatic PO” so that PO and PR will automatically generate after saving the order. You never change the item category configuration to “automatic PO”. It is the schedule line category type which triggers the automatic PR creation.
56. What are the steps that are required to include sales person as a partner function in the partner determination?
Partner function sales representative or person responsible these two we can add through partner function in partner procedure.
57. What is Z transaction?
We copied standard TC or object and rename it by Z its basically standard name which will start from Z (User defined)
58. Can you create sales order for 40 items if the quotation is sent for 30 items?
59. What is the importance of requirement field in access sequence?
System will not go to access condition type system will reply through formula.
60. What makes the immediate delivery in cash sales?
Order type immediate delivery switch on.
61. What is change request and task? What was your task no.? I need an example or a task no. that is being used in your project to clear few things in my mind?
The Change Request is that request when you do some thing new in customizing or configuration in the system. The system will automatically pop with the change request pop box , when you can give request name as defined by the system or can give your own request name with heading of what changes you have made while customization. The system will generate a request number and you save it.
(e.g.:- VEDK-2785467) VEDK- means the Clients System name then followed by the system generated request number.
Now when you want to release the request you have to use the T-code SE10 where you can see the requests under the heading modifiable or released. Go to the modifiable option. Each request will have again an internal request number. First you have to release the internal request and then release the external request number. This will in turn released by the basis guys thru the T-code SM64 in a group when all the requests are pooled from different users.
62. What is your client Number in the project? Like how we have 800 for IDES?
Generally like IDES client, when you are in the project, the client is also given a number called client number. So while implementing a project The entire implementation is done under phases and in different Client no Servers. E.g.:- take a company called ABC which is implementing SAP.
So the Client is given a number in the following manner by the SAP Implementers at the site
291- Sand Box server (Initial Testing scenarios Server)
292- Development Sever (With client data of minimum 15 days transactions)
294- Testing Server (the scenarios developed in development server is tested here)
295- Golden Master Server (Quality cum Testing Server)checked finally before transferring to Prod server
296- Production Server (where the clients live data is stored and daily business transactions are done)
63. What is the purpose of text determination, output Determination, storage location determination ?
Text Determination: Any Texts in Material Master/Material Determination/Order/Delivery , etc is meant to convey messages to the subsequent documents for compliance. e.g. “Give Top Priority” message mentioned in Order is meant for Production Dept.
64. What is purpose of account determination?
Account Determination: is integration between Finance and SD. The A/P along with Account Keys need to be allocated accordingly with combination of Account Determination Group for Customer and Material if required. Account Determination: Sales View, Sales Organisation, Distribution Chanel, Chart of Accounts, Account Assignment Group for Customer and Material and Account Keys.
65. What is the purpose of Storage Location Determination?
Storage Location Determination: depends on Plant, Shipping Point and Storage Conditions
66. What is the difference between the Availability check 01 (Daily requirement) and 02 (Individual Requirement) in material master?
01 and 02 are the checking group. Availability check is carried out with the help of these checking group and checking rule. Checking group 01 and 02 are maintained on the material master.
01 – Individual requirement -For this system generates transfers the requirement for each order to the MRP So that MM can either produce or procure.
02- Collective requirement.-In this all the requirements in a day or in a week are processed at a time. System stores all requirements and passes on to the MRP in MRP run. In this system performance is high however you can not do the backorder processing whereas in other you can do.
67. What are the responsibilities of a technical consultant in an implementation project?
Preparation of technical specifications, getting approvals from functional consultant and Project Manger, assistance to functional consultant.
68. What are the main and sub modules in SAP?
SD, MM, FICO, PP, ABAP
65. What is the purpose of Partner determination,
Partner Determination: To identify which type of Partner it is so that if required for same Customer different Partner Functions may be required E.g Only One Sold To Party per Customer. More than One Ship to Party/ Bill to Party/ Payer possible. Accordingly different Masters will have to be created. Useful for dispatch of Material in cases of Ship to Party, sending Bill in case of Bill to Party and payment follow up /Dunning in case of Payer.
66. What is the purpose of Output Determination ?
Output Determination: What type of Output (Fax/Mail, etc) is required, where and in what Format(ABAP Customization may be required in some cases especially Invoices).
67. Explain the terms “AS IS” To TO-Be and “FIT GAP ANALYSIS”?
Business blue print stage is called as is process. Fit gap means, before implementing the SAP all the business data is in the form of documents, we cannot keep this data as is in the SAP. There should be a gap. So by filling this gap, we make configuration with the help of these documents. This is called as fit gap analysis. In this stage, we should analysis the gap between as is and is as process
68. What are the responsibilities of “CORE TEAM” & “FUNCTIONAL TEAM” in an implementation?
Core Team are the power users who are selected for the SAP implementation. The Functional Team gather the initial implementation requirement from these core team users who will be the bridge between the SAP Functional Team and their department users with the expert work knowledge.
69. What exactly means automatic posting? can you explain?
Automatic posting could be, posting of accounting documents to FICO once invoice is created which can also be controlled manually. Automatically determine the freight while pricing in ship doc. and post to the relevant account to fico. usually automatic posting is posting of documents to FICO based on various account keys and account groups.
70. Where do we can find pricing procedure indicator in SD?
Pricing procedure is where we maintain all Conditions (like PR00, K004, MWST, KP00, etc)
71. Where do we assign calendar in the master records?
In IMG screen Global Settings.
72. What is the importance of customer account groups?
We maintain the customer account to maintain payment terms and inco-terms. Lets say, if SP is only booking order but the goods should deliver in foreign country and for which Sold Party is not going to bare the excise and other taxes then the Ship to party or payer will take taxes responsibility, then the tax is calculated based on account groups.
73. What are Inco-terms? Where do we fix them? Where do you find in regular process?
Inco-terms or international comm. terms and u find in CMR – Sales area Data – billing Tab.
74. How can you make some of the fields as key field in generic tables?
Some fields in all tables will have an indicator… To see that indicator, then go to SE11, display VBAK, u will find MANDT on top, if you see after description 2 tick marks, those are key fields. Generally, these key fields are used in writing any Program or Interface. The key fields will extract data of non key fields.
75. What is the standard group condition routine in condition type, what is its importance?
Its better to read Group Conditions in PR00.
76. How can we control entry possibility of condition values at order through condition type settings?
You can maintain the maximum and minimum value for all conditions.
77. What are the customizing settings in pricing procedure for tax condition type?
Check out the standard pricing procedure RVAA01 – MWST.
78. A bunch of data need to be imported/transported for Non-SAP to SAP system? A huge no. of Master Record’s creations are required, how it is possible in SAP?
79. What is the difference between PGI cancellation and Returns order?
PGI cancellation is done before the transportation of goods. But return order means its already transported reached customer during transit if material is spoiled or broke or the goods r not delivered as per customer requested date. then customer send the goods back to company.
80. Can you explain the modern technologies in SAP? Do you use this in your current project?
APO, BW, CRM,
81. What do u mean by Rollout project?
If suppose you are working for one project in India for Example: Coke Cola, how these people they are doing is first they will implement this in one country and next time on wards for another country they will take this as a reference like no changes in the business process and customizations every thing will be the same. They just, will create no of plants ,sales offices ..etc as per their country specific Company code and in some cases it will take care about CIN related changes at the time of roll out…
82. What’s mean of back order processing?
While doing sales order the material is not available some times at that time we give the delivery date when ever we expect goods. if the goods available earlier than delivery date we can go back with sales order and deliver the goods before first delivery date. this process called as backorder processing.
83. What is the purpose of using Condition indexes? How do you activate them?
Condition index – condition type is consist of so many conditions. During pricing it will determine all the
conditions those are maintained. present – in CONDITION TYPE overview screen master date one
check box is there to activate the check box.
84. What is the chapter ID?
An Unique 8 digits number given to each Material which is manufacturing in India, On the base of his unique characteristics, which is published by the Central Government of India every year. It shows how much excise duty has revealed/levied on each material. Each material in the schedule is assigned its own identification 8 code. so called “Chapter ID”.The schedule lists all materials involved in manufacturing it may be input material and out put materials for production purpose.
85. What is difference between UTXJ & MWST? Explain in detail?
UTXJ used in CIN SD MODULE- for excise tax.MWST used in standard SAP output tax condition type
86. Whether it possible to assign two different Sales Organization to the same company code?
Yes we can assign “n” number of sales org to a company code. But we can’t reverse/change it.
87. Explain briefly about the SIS (Service level Agreement)?
SLS means Service Level Agreement. The Service level understanding between the SAP Support / Enhancement leads team & client, it means whether to decide which problem / Ticket has to solve first,on the base of his severity or priority & the time required to solve that problem
88. Can you change Sold to Party into Ship to Party?
we can’t change sold to party to ship to party. but we can change ship to party to sold to party
89. Who will prepare QABD?
Question and Answer Database. This comes into when the Project Preparation starts. This is prepared by Senior functional Consultants.
90. Explain what is BOM?
Bills of material means combining a group of materials in to one product. For E.g.: computer is a product it is the combination of CPU, key board, mouse and monitor. There are two types processing is there in BOM. ERLA and LUMF. In ERLA the main item level will be priced and sub item level will not priced. Similarly in LUMF the main item level will not be priced and sub item level will be priced.
91. What will be the possible reasons for delivery not getting generated for an item?
A) Two possible reasons:
1) Stock is not available.
2) Requested delivery date and selection date in delivery document are different. They should be same, else delivery will not be created.
92. What is main purpose of maintaining the master data in System?
Company master data is responsible for all the records like sales order , delivery and billing and as well as in customer payments. it is mandatory for the entire process, and for e.g. we cannot create a sales order with out customer master data, material master data and condition master data
93. Can we delete the Sales Order Numbers Permanently?
We CAN delete, but the sales order should not have any subsequent documents saved
(e.g. delivery, invoice). If they are, we will have to delete/cancel them first, then and then only we can delete the sales orders. va02–>sales Document–> Delete.
94. What is integration points between MM,PP and SD?
If any company follow the process of “Make to order” then this is also a integration point of SD,MM & PP.
95. What is the difference between VK11 & VK31 ?
T.code vk11 used for individual Maintenance of condition record and
T.code vk31 used for mass Maintenance of condition record
96. What is condition supplement and why is it used?
A condition supplement is a group of conditions that should be applied every time a certain condition is found. for E.g. If we define a material price, we’ll enter condition records for that material and the corresponding price. If we also want to give discount to that material every time the price is determined, we can enter the discount condition type as a condition supplement. So whenever the price is determined for the material, it’ll automatically include the discount condition records.
97. Some materials have been blocked for procurement and production. Even though deletion flag is set for a material/plant level, the order can be still entered ( with a warning message). Is there a way to block such transactions for a material flagged for deletion?
Sales Status field in the sales organization view of the material master may be used to block any transaction for the material.
98. We can define our own exchange rate types and use them instead of the defaulted types,’M’, ‘B’ and ‘G’. How can we overwrite default types in SD?
Exchange rate gets copied from the customer master record. Exchange rate types are to be maintained for the customer in the sales screen of the customer master record.
99. The PL00 condition is fine in delivery. But when we try to give the print, either the screen or printer, an error V1032 occurs. Why?
In order to use the Packing list PL00 (packing slip in delivery) you must do ‘Packing’ in the delivery note (edit->packing)
100. We have to enter a shipping point while creating a delivery. Is it possible to create delivery without shipping points?
When you are releasing a sales order, choose Sales document -> Subsequent functions-> Create
delivery, then the shipping point will be brought in from the sales order. In all other scenarios you have to key in the shipping point. The above described scenario will only work if all items on the sales order are to be shipped from the same shipping point.
101. What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
Account Determination: Sales View, Sales Organisation, Distribution Channel, Chart of Accounts, Account Assignment Group for Customer and Material and Account Keys.
102. What is meant by transfer of data from legacy code to sap Legacy Code?
It should be legacy data to SAP. What it means is you want to transfer all the customer and materials and all other information from Older (legacy system) to new SAP system. You can do it using many tools, most noticeably MDMs.
103. What do you do really in pricing determination, and what are the main differences between pricing procedures?
Pricing is determined by combination of Sales Organisation, Distribution Channel, Division, Customer Pricing Procedure and Document Pricing Procedure.
104. What type of reports generally a support consultant maintain and report
Depends on Customer requirements.
105. What is purpose of maintaining common distribution channels and common divisions?
Common Distribution Channel and Common Divison are maintained so that if any master data like customer or material maintained with respect to one distribution channel can be used in other DCh. It prevents the multiplication of master records. E.g. A customer is created for say sales area 1000/20/00 then the same customer can be used in sales area 1000/30/00 if we maintain 20 as common distribution channel. Hence no need for extending the customers…the same for materials also.