QTP Handling Run Errors
QTP Handling Run Errors:
• The Run Error message box displayed during a run session offers a number of buttons for dealing with errors encountered:
• Stop. Stops the run session. The run results are displayed if QuickTest is configured to show run results after the run.
• Retry. QuickTest attempts to perform the step again. If the step succeeds, the run continues.
• Skip. QuickTest skips the step that caused the error, and continues the run from the next step.
• Debug. QuickTest suspends the run, enabling you to debug the test and any associated function library that contains a function called by the test. You can perform any of the debugging operations described in this section. After debugging, you can continue the run session from the step where the test or function library stopped, or you can use the step commands to control the remainder of the run session.
• Help. Opens the QuickTest troubleshooting Help for the displayed error message. After you review the Help topic, you can select another button in the error message box.
• Details. Expands the message box to display additional information on the error.
Add an OK Test Object to Object Repository
- In the Object Repository window, choose Object > Add Objects to Local or click the Add Objects to Local toolbar button . If you choose this option, the object is added to the local object repository and can only be used by the current action.
- Click the OK button.
- Click OK. If you see a Define Object Filter dialog box, click Cancel and repeat step 1.
- Run Script.