ETL Testing Interview Questions
1) What is ETL?
ETL stands for extract, transform, and load. It can consolidate the scattered data for any
organization while working with different departments. It can very well handle the data
coming from different departments.
2) What are the ETL Testing Operations?
• Verify the data is transforming correctly according to business requirements and rules.
• Make sure that all projected data is loaded into the data warehouse without any data loss and truncation.
• Make sure that ETL application appropriately rejects, replaces with default values and reports invalid data.
• Make sure that data is loaded in data warehouse within prescribed and expected time frames to confirm improved performance and scalability
3) What are the key benefits of ETL Testing?
• Minimize the risk of the data loss
• Data security
• Data Accuracy
• Reporting efficiency
4) What is Data warehouse?
A Data warehouse is a subject oriented, integrated, time variant, non volatile collection of data in support of management’s decision making process.
5) What is the difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining?
Data mining, the operational data is analyzed using statistical techniques and clustering techniques to find the hidden patterns and trends. So, the data mines do some kind of summarization of the data and can be used by data warehouses for faster analytical processing for business intelligence.
Data warehouse may make use of a data mine for analytical processing of the data in a faster way.
6) What are the types of Data Warehouse applications?
• Info processing
• Analytical processing
• Data mining