database testing faq
Database testing basically include the following.
1)Data validity testing.
2)Data Integrity testing
3)Performance related to database.
4)Testing of Procedure, triggers and functions.
for doing data validity testing you should be good in SQL queries
For data integrity testing you should know about referential integrity and different constraint.
For performance related things you should have idea about the table structure and design. For testing Procedure triggers and functions you should be able to understand the same.
2) What we normally check for in the Database Testing?
1. The field size validation
2. Check constraints.
3. Indexes are done or not (for performance related issues)
4. Stored procedures
5. The field size defined in the application is matching with that in the db.
3) How to Test database in manually? Explain with an example
Observing that operations, which are operated on front-end is effected on back-end or not.
While adding a record thru’ front-end check back-end that addition of record is effected or not. So same for delete, update,…… Ex:Enter employee record in database thru’ front-end and check if the record is added or not to the back-end(manually