Bugzilla Interview Questions
1) What is Bugzilla?
Bugzilla is a Web based Defect Management Tool allows Testing and Development teams to post and track defects and it is an Open source tool.
2) What is the deployment environment for Bugzilla
Bugzilla developed in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) technology.
3) What is the difference between Quality Center and Bugzilla?
Quality Center is a Test Management Tool, supports Complete Application Life Cycle Management;
Bugzilla supports Defects Management only
Note: Defect Management is part of Test Management.
4) What are the advantages of Bugzilla?
Bugzilla can increase the productivity and accountability of individual employees by providing a documented workflow and positive feedback for good performance.
5) How to create User Account in Bugzilla?
a. Enter “E-mail address” and “Real Name” in the spaces provided, then select the “Create Account” button.
b. Within moments, you should receive an email to the address you provided above, which contains your login name (generally the same as the email address), and a password that you can use to access your account.
6) What is The Bugzilla Query Page?
The Bugzilla Query Page is the heart and soul of the Bugzilla user experience. It is the master interface where we can find any bug report, comment, or patch currently in the Bugzilla system.
7) How to Write a Bug Report in Bugzilla?
Bug report is ones that get bugs fixed. A bug report normally has two qualities:
Producible and Reproducible
8) What about Account Settings page?
On this page, we can change our basic Account Settings, including our password and full name; for security reasons.
9) What about Watching Users functionality?
By entering user email names into the “Users to watch” text entry box, delineated by commas, we can watch bugs of other users. This powerful functionality enables seamless transitions as developers change projects, managers wish to get in touch with the issues faced by their direct reports, or users go on vacation.
10) What about Email Settings page?
Here we can reduce or increase the amount of email sent us from Bugzilla.
11) What are Bugzilla features?
The Bugzilla features are as follows:
• Integrated, product-based granular security schema
• Inter-bug dependencies and dependency graphing
• Advanced reporting capabilities •
• A robust, stable RDBMS back-end
• Extensive configurability •
• a very well-understood and well-thought-out natural bug resolution protocol
• Email, XML, console, and HTTP APIs •
12) What are Bugzilla Components?
Bugzilla component include:
• Administration of Bugzilla:
• The Bugzilla documentation
• Email, Anything to do with email sent by Bugzilla
• Query/Buglist, Anything to do with searching for bugs and viewing the buglists.
• Reporting/Charting, and Generating Reports
• User Accounts, Anything about managing a user account from the user’s perspective.
• User Interface, General issues having to do with the user interface cosmetics (not functionality) including cosmetic issues, HTML templates, etc.
13) How to change user name in Bugzilla?
We can’t. However, the administrative account can, by simply opening user account in editusers.cgi and changing the login name.
14) Does Bugzilla allow the user to track multiple projects?
Yes, We can track up to a “soft-limit” of around 64 individual “Products”, that can each be composed of as many “Components” as we want.
15) If I am on many projects, and search for all bugs assigned to me, will Bugzilla list them for me and allow me to sort by project, severity etc?
16) Does Bugzilla allow attachments (text, screenshots, urls etc)?
17) Does Bugzilla allow us to define our own priorities and levels?
Yes. However, modifying some fields, notably those related to bug progression states, also require adjusting the program logic to compensate for the change.
18) Can email notification be set up to send to multiple people, some on the To List, CC List, BCC List etc?
19) If there is email notification, do users have to have any particular type of email application?
Bugzilla email is sent in plain text, the most compatible mail format on the planet.
20) Does Bugzilla allow data to be imported and exported
Bugzilla allows data export through a custom DTD in XML format. It does not, however, export to specific formats other than the XML Mozilla DTD.
21) Can a user create and save reports?
Yes user can create and save reports.
22) Can users save reports in Word format? Excel format?
23) Can a user modify an existing report and then save it into another name?
We can save an unlimited number of queries in Bugzilla. We are free to modify them and rename them.
24) Can the admin person establish separate group and individual user privileges?
25) Are there any backup features provided?
MySQL, the back-end for Bugzilla, allows backup of data.
26) Are there any security problems with Bugzilla?
The Bugzilla code has not undergone a complete security audit. It is recommended that you closely examine permissions on your Bugzilla installation, and follow the recommended security guidelines.
27) How do I set up the email interface to submit/change bugs via email?
You can find an updated README.mailif file in the contrib/ directory of your Bugzilla distribution that walks you through the setup
28) I want to manually edit some entries in my database. How?
There is no facility in Bugzilla itself to do this.
29) What is Red Hat Bugzilla?
Bugzilla is a bug tracking system developed at mozilla.org. It was originally used to track the bugs in the Mozilla web browser. Red Hat has customized it to track bugs in their Linux products.
30) When Bugzilla was launched?
31) What is the latest version of Bugzilla?
32) What are the System Requirements to deploy Bugzilla?
Bugzilla’s system requirements include:
• A compatible database management system (MySQL)
• A suitable release of Perl 5
• An assortment of Perl modules
• A compatible web server (Apache)
• A suitable mail transfer agent, or any SMTP server
32) What does Bugzilla do?
• Track bugs and code changes
• Communicate with teammates
• Submit and review patches
• Manage quality assurance (QA)